Friday, September 2, 2011

Apartment People

the time has come. We are officialy apartment people yet again! Yeah for having your own place its is going to be INCREDIBLE!

I got off work at Five yesterday (30 min early) and robert and I made the drive to our new home! We were walking around the complex for a while like lost puppies trying to figure out what to do, but we found the office and got our key! and I can report back that its shiny and gold! We walked up the steps to our new home! We were carring what seemed a TON of stuff. (just picture this) My big camera to take pictures with, three sodas we just got for .50 cents! (large bottles normaly a 1.00$ so we were excited.) my purse full of stuff and a folder, paperwork... and robert tells me to try the key in the door but not to go in yet. I open the door and he steps infront of me with his arms out and I laugh. I could not belive he would be so cute. he looked at me and said: "I have to carry you over the thresh hold" I smiled and said dont worry about it cause we had all this stuff. He said no he needed to. I said ok. The apartment let me just tell you we were expecting the WORST. We got pleasantly surprised and that is amazing. I guess they newly remodedled stuff. The kitchen and bedroom are my favorite rooms!
While we were very happily surprised I will go over why and what the good and bad stuff is about the appartment.
The Good:

-Our First impression.
When we went to Davis a while ago we passed these apartments and I told robert I loved the look of them (outside) That is key. my first impression was that of total awe. Always a good sign. But also my first impression of the apartment inside. We both looked at each other right away and smiled in shock and awe
we were expecting:
-stains on floors
- ugly kitchen and cabnits, dirty dirty dirty.
-bad lay out.


-we have an amazing layout!
 "O" my "O" my. I am so pleased. its perfect for the two of us. One bedroom works after you just lived with your mother in law in a TINY bedroom for over two years... thank you very much.
I am pretty impressed with myself. I am not going to lie. I have this female intuition about things, some call it that and others (like myself) call it the Holy Ghost helping me out ;) anyways The layout is open concept and perfect for intertaining.

- the kitchen was just renovated.
:) cabnits and counter tops look wonderful!


-its our place
and for the record I love saying that.

-bedroom
very cute and high vaulted ceilings and cute light :)

-cool bar with a peek through window to dining room
awesome


now its time for the not so good, but not completly bad:


the floors:
-the floors are the hospital lanolium. You know the stuff thats all over the floor of every hospital ours is tan with dark tan specks.... and its just LOVELY not... oh well. The stuff in the bathroom is better looking and there is carpet in the bedroom. but around every other place in our apartment the hospital lingers. I guess its just fate because robert wants to be a doctor. He needs to get used to the floor. Who knows someday he may be removing someones brain (lol) and look down and see the floor and think of home... or me... um not to sure I want the floors to remind me of him... I have to re-think that... lol.
- solution?
buy a hall rug for the hallway and an area rug for the living room. Dining room will just have to deal.

-Air conditioning

its a wall unit air so its kinda lame... but it cooled down our house FAST only 10min.



so thats basically it! WE are so happy! I will posty up pics assoon as I get my interenet working!


SEE YALL LATer

HAPPY WEEKEND!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Search This Blog