Saturday, March 17, 2012

YES

What is the big deal about the word yes?






yes

  [yes]  Show IPA ,adverb, noun, plural yes·es,verb, yessed, yes·sing, interjection
adverb
1.
(used to express affirmation or assent or to mark theaddition of something emphasizing and amplifying a previousstatement): Do you want that? Yes, I do.
2.
(used to express an emphatic contradiction of a previouslynegative statement or command): Don't do that! Oh, yes I will!
3.
(used, usually interrogatively, to express hesitation,uncertainty, curiosity, etc.): “Yes?” he said as he opened thedoor. That was a marvelous show! Yes?
4.
(used to express polite or minimal interest or attention.)

noun

5.
an affirmative reply.






So Yes is kinda important right?
DUH! 
heck YES it is. hehe


anyways so why am I talking about it?


Well Today 5 years ago Robert asked me a question. A very important question. One that would effect my ENTIRE LIFE.

I was eighteen.

I was standing on a pedestal, in a park. blind folded.

when I could see, I saw the man I wanted looking back at me with a box in his hand.

Soon I would open that box and find a diamond ring. 



and the man I loved would get down on one knee like I always dreamed he would.

He would tell me that he loved me that he wanted me forever. He would say my full name.

He would tell me how he asked my daddy's permission and he had said yes.

My dad said YES?... I froze what was happening? Was I in another dream? It seemed too perfect to be real life.  

Was I really about to get married? Really? Was I really going to wear that ring on my ring finger?

I had waited all my life for a diamond ring to be on that finger.

all my life to fall in love.

all my life to love someone.

Was I ready? Did he really want me?

He smiled. I could barley see anything and I had already answered through all my frantic thoughts.

but I did not say yes. The way I always dreamed I would. 

I did not throw my hands around his neck and scream YES YES YES! and kiss him over and over again. 

No, I did not do that.

I fell to the floor without feeling the drop seemed so long as I said: "Yeaaah?" I was on the ground panting and crying. He smiled and kissed me. He showed me the ring but I did not want to even look at it.

But Robert knew me.

This was not happening,I thought as he smiled so wide. Then all the sudden ROBERT flooded through my mind.

I remembered those days his white car would be parked outside my house as I walked home from school...

I remembered the feeling of talking with him till my cheeks were blue.

I remembered driving with the music on way to loud screaming at the top of my lungs in his car.

I remembered tears of disappointment I was crying as he frowned and wiped them off my face. 

I remembered him holding my hand under the pillow so my daddy would not see.

I remembered how he would do everything for me. How he was everything to me

I remembered how he smiled so bright even in the darkest night

I remembered how we kissed that night under the stars and how he would not stop

I remember how I fell head over heels

I remembered how his hand in my feels... perfectly right.


I remembered those letters he would write and how they made me able to sleep at night

I remembered everything...

I remembered the whole I felt in my heart while he was away. I never wanted him not to stay.

I remembered talking about life and love.

I remembered how he taught me it was ok to love, to give my heart away, and that he would not break it.

I remembered screaming and yelling in the parking lot.

I remembered smiling at him from across the room...

I remembered everything...

Like the way he loves to sing in the car
the way he loves to drink soda all the time...
the way he walks
the way he talks
and how he stands
the way he is when he comes home
the way he seems to always know everything...

The way he gets me every time
the way he knows me, better than I know me.
the way he laughs at his own jokes
the way he understand how I am
the loooong way he drags out a story
the way he loves with all his heart
the way he is not afraid to cry
the way he protects me all the time
the way he has so much energy

the way he looks at me and smiles just right that gives me those butterflies
the way he lifts my chin to steal a kiss
the way he does hand stands on the carpet
the way he always held those large water bottles and took them everywhere
the way he still does that.

Then I looked up at that man down on one knee...

 and all my fears drained away they were gone. 
This was Robert. 
Not some boy I had dreamed up when I was a little girl.
 I knew him, I loved him he was my everything, 
this was Robert and I would always say yes to him.

 So I stood up and smiled so wide even as I cried 
I said YES! YES YES!
 I through my arms around him and kissed him, over and over again.

He smiled and held me tight we took pictures in the star light

(Taken after I said yes)


then he took me home to tell my parents that We were getting married.

I was getting married. On March 17th 2008 I found out I was getting married.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Search This Blog