Monday, April 2, 2012

I FINISHED MY BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at 109,000 words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you belive it?

 what is next you ask?

Well we redraft and edit the heck out of it.
 And edit
and Edit
 and Edit
Until It is a sparkling jewel.

Then I send in to agents

Once I find said agent
I start trying to get a contract...with a publisher
then get published!

But hey its a long......................... 
..............................................
...................
...........
.....
..
.
process I am already done with the most important part. I have it written!

I want to at least get through three drafts this summer.
I need to re-read it from beginning to end.
Robert needs to edit it
Then my dad.

and we will see what will happen! :)

I just have to say a big thank you to my friends and family who have helped to encourage me. I never thought I would actually write my story! It was always this dream I had but the one I thought I would never do. I want to thank Robert for always helping me connect the dots as he asks good questions that make me think, also for never letting me stop writing even when I was discouraged. To my dad who always believed I could do it! Emily my little sister for being amazing and by always listen to me reading my writing out loud for being my number one fan. To my mom who also listens to me and encourages me. and all those other people I have told my story too. Thanks for your support. You have no idea what your simple:
"Thats really cool"
Or
"wow, you thought of that?"
or
"thats cool! I can not not wait to read it!!"
has done for me...
it made me want to keep going.
Writing all those pages was HARD but I did it.

Even if I dont get an agent or do not publish my work. I wrote it! Its a big deal!
and anyways I will self publish it if I can not get published through a company....
so it will be out there someday.
 and with out the encouragement I receive I would have never written it all!

Thanks ;)

wish me luck guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Search This Blog