Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Mess... but...Victory at last!







So, I have been on the hunt for a wreath for a long while I found at target for like $40.00. Knowing I could not explain the reasoning behind buying something for mere decoration for that price to the husband I realized I would just have to do with out....

BUT
I swear they have been haunting me! like on facebook, pinterest and every BLOG that has up decor!

My sister in law has a cute blog and on Fridays has a guest post! Now it just so happened that she had a guest post about making the wreath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wow all signs were leading me to get my hands on one.

So I started the process. Pinterest has so many cute ideas but I needed to know HOW it works. It was way more simple than I thought. I did mine a little different but I like to make things my own.

You can look at the link to where I got my how-to on this blog.


So first I needed to figure out colors. I wanted to be able to use the wreath for Thanksgiving too if I wanted, that way I could explain to the husband why I was doing it... lol. Men for some reason do not understand buying things for decoration... but when its all done Robert LOVED how the house looked when I decorated for Halloween so... I think that men (or my husband for instance) does not know what he wants. anyways turned out I was bored on Saturday evening at midnight (I know I should have been in bed) But I could not sleep so, I spent two hours creating my masterpiece... lol

first they say to get a wicker wreath.. I did not have that but I did have boxes laying around my house still from the move.

so I cut out of a cardboard box a circle. then cut out the center.



I did not have a fancy whole punch that cut in a perfect circle... but I did have scissors

so I cut out one circle and use it as a guide for the rest.







I did not have cool crafty paper... but I had some small pieces of paper in yellow and orange, and a book I did not need...

so I used those.

and luckily I had a hot glue gun. SO I got to work.









I soon realized that this project would quickly take me all night to make, those cones were time consuming.... and by the time I make like 50 I was done... (my short attention span) So I modified it. I cut strips of paper from a book and hot glue gunned them all around the wreath. I added a few cones to look like flowers here and there. Then found some extra shoe lace in black and tied some cute bows. Then I had some berries from my Halloween decor and added them.
Last but not least I hung over it a Halloween Sign I got from the dollar store a while ago...

and in two hours I had a wreath.

its not one you will find in a store...
its a little bit different than many...
but its mine. and it was FREE.



















so I love it. and husband does too.

and now I am no longer haunted by those wreaths...
FEELS GOOD.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! You used the tutorial and it turned out way cute! I've been wreath crazy too, now if only I had a front door... hopefully next month :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete


Search This Blog