Thursday, October 13, 2011

personal

 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov. 3:5–6.)

So I have had a ton of time to think lately... all those long drives to and from work make an impact on me. I can either listen to talk radio or I can think.

Its funny how different the day is when I silently drive. Today I turned the noise of the world off it made such a difference in my day! I am a planner. By nature I plan plan plan. The main reasoning behind it is I like knowing what to expect. as my mom put it:

"You do not do well with change"

and this was not mean! This is so true! I am so glad she told me! I did not even realize this about me! But that is why I plan, I like to be prepared.

But you know being prepared can only go so far, then faith and trust need to come in. I have faith, but I need more I realized.

For instance I received an answer to a prayer one year ago. I did not like the answer and sense then I have been trying to find ways around it.

BAD.

I did not even know I was doing it until robert told me LAST NIGHT and something in my brain clicked...
OH YEA.

When God answers you, when he tells you something its not like I can find a better route its not like I can figure out something he knows not... how stupid! ha good thing is I was not doing the consciously, I was not really realizing what I was doing until yesterday.

Faith and trust is all its about. Being able to say look Heavenly Father I know you know best, I put my life in your hands...
and I thought I had been doing that, but I was not 100 % I was still looking for a loop hole... ha

thinking about it now I think its so silly.. but we are all here learning and perfecting ourselves...

So today I thought about it and realized again that God had blessed me so abundantly already, when I have in the past put my faith and trust in him did he lead me astray? did he not help me?

NO WAY he helped me, he paved the road, gave me the horse and buggy and said go down here, you may get cold, but here is a blanket, it may rain but here is an umbrella....

wow.

Its good to know that my life is in his hands, to know that he is my heavenly father and he loves me, watches out for me and helps me. Trials come. I sure do know that. But with God at my side why should I fear?

Trials... in all honestly I am grateful for them. I am stronger this year than last because of them. I am developing more and more as the years pass by each new challenge will mold me into the person I am to be, the person that God saw in me from day one.


I feel good about this. I will trust, have faith and not lean unto my own understanding. I will realize that I got my answer, it may not be the same for everyone but its mine and its what God wants so I will do it.


"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." -1 nephi 3:7

No comments:

Post a Comment


Search This Blog