Sunday, October 30, 2011

Modest is the Hottest













SO I hope this post does not offend anyone...
 This is not my intent at all




When I was in Highschool there was always a lot of pressure to dress/ act a certain way luckily for me I had already made my mind up how I would act and dress so It was easier for me than most, though at times frustrating when people did not understand my standards.


In todays world where standards are hardly seen it makes me sad because the standards I have lived by my whole life have not only made me who I am but brought SO MUCH happiness to my life I want everyone to have it too!


Its Halloween tomorrow and everyone has been shopping for costumes. It is so sad how all the costumes for women look like a bra and underwear, and some maybe with a mini skirt....






It makes me sad sometimes because I do not think people realize what message they are sending when they dress like that.


It gets guys attention... but not the right kind of guys and not the kind of attention we girls look for...aka: LOVE.


its moments like these when I am so glad that modesty is not only a choice I make daily, but it is so much a part of me that its just what I do. I asked Robert (the husband) If he would have been interested in me in high school (where we met) If I had dressed in modest. He said no, he was not looking for that type of girl, and would not have thought really seriously about me. THAT IS ALL FROM LOOKS... WOW what does that say? It says that the way I dress made the man of my dreams see me for the real me... BIG DEAL. I wanted a man who looked at my eyes when he talked to me, not a low cut shirt.... I wanted a man who cared about me. Who got to know ME. I think its funny and sad how people think its not important or not a bug deal...


My body is a temple. I know it is. It is sacred and special. I don't just flaunt my body for everyone to see.




This year for Halloween I bought a costume that was in-modest and took the time to make it modest.
the dress was too short, so I made a skirt to go underneath it and made the top skirt into a design.


I really honestly thought nothing of it, its just what I do alter things until they are modest...


but I now understand what a blessing this is in my life.


I probably have been rambling all too much but I really have such a strong testimony of modesty in action and in dress.


I know that what I said may be hard for some to hear but I feel it is true. I know that modesty has helped me SO much in my life.




:) be modest.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Search This Blog