Saturday, September 22, 2012

Life is so precious

On Friday morning my family woke to some tragic news.



My cousin lost her husband yesterday morning. Leaving behind his wife and two children.

As I sat in horror that morning as I discovered such tragic and life changing news the only thing I kept repeating to myself and to my Mom who had just got the call was: "No, no he can not have died" I laid in be for a while letting that reality hit me.

Those of you who know me and my family know my mom. My mother lost her parents when she was only 4 years old. Both her parents died in a plane crash. My mom is the strongest person I have ever met. She gives me strength every day. But from her experience, I know that my cousin and her children can make it.

I am sad to think this happened, sad and horrified and incapable to imagine what pain my cousin must be feeling at this moment.

As I mourn with her and my family, if you could keep her in your prayers our family would be ever grateful.

The only thing I can think of that makes this situation at all bearable is to know that my cousin and her beautiful little family have all been sealed together, for all eternity. I am so grateful for Heavenly Fathers loving plan for all of his children. How precious to know that death is not the end, and that we will see those loved ones we lost again someday.

My mother held onto this truth her whole life, she knows she will meet her parents again someday, because she was sealed to them too. And myself? Well I look forward to the day I can meet them too, the day I can finally thank them for bringing my amazing and incredible mother into this world.

Life has its challenges, I am just grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful I am sealed to my husband for time and all eternity. I know that this life is such and incredible gift. I was reminded of that yesterday.

So hold your loved ones a little closer. Never leave with out saying I love you. You never know when you will speak your last words to the ones you love. This life is so short; yet beautiful and incredible.

To my cousin I pray God will be with you in your time of need. I pray his angels will surround you and lift you up because while you know this everlasting truth, it does not change the fact that you will mourn him, and miss him, and I am so sorry for this pain, so ever sorry for your incredible loss, for it is indeed so great.

-Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment


Search This Blog